Answered

Banner send after dismissal using based on fixed schedule

• 20 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Our users sign into our platform at an organizational level, not as individuals. For banners, this means we want someone to be able to dismiss the banner, but then have it reappear the next day or at the next login, to make sure everyone at the organization has a chance to see the important message. However, I only see weekly, monthly, or yearly options in the settings — is there a way to get this to happen daily or the next time the user is seen?

icon

Best answer by Nathan Sudds 25 July 2023, 16:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Erin Doherty Not sure if you found a solution for this but having users sign in on the organizational level definitely presents some interesting challenges for things like this where “dismiss” basically means never show this to me again. 

I don’t know that any of the options under banners will work for your needs because with any option they can be dismissed and my understanding is that in those cases, you won’t see it again even if you match the settings or like you shared it doesn’t allow you to do this on a daily schedule. 

One work around if you wanted someone to see it every day for the next week, you could create the first banner then duplicate it and change the day of the week.  For example, create the first one and set it for Monday, then duplicate and set the next one for Tuesday, etc until you’ve got the next 7 days covered.   It seems like a bit of extra work but because your use case doesn’t quite match the individual user approach of Intercom it may be your only option at this point other than going with a 3rd party banner solution.  Unless there’s a way to reset the “dismissed” status of the banner which I’m not aware of.  

Maybe someone else will have other ideas to work around this but hopefully this is helpful if you need a quick workaround. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Erin Doherty Just a side note, you may want to find a way to identify individual users for the future even if they are logging in on a company level or switch them over to logging in from an individual level to give you more control over knowing who your customer is and giving them better info.  One way to do that may be to see if there’s any type of Single Sign On the company is using that could be integrated into your app/site so you’ll be able to detect each user and pass something to Intercom to identify them.  In the meantime, hope you figure out some short term solutions with workarounds! Happy to chat about it anytime if you want to DM. 

Thanks for the reply and ideas, @Nathan Sudds. It’s a bit frustrating that there aren’t more display options - I would love to hear back from an Intercom employee confirming that this is the case and wish the help center articles actually provided details on what the various settings do, instead of the general overview. 

In the meantime, we’ll just have to figure something else out!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Erin Doherty Happy to help in any way, I feel you on the frustration with this and I'm sure the Intercom team will appreciate the feedback on the help center articles as well.

Is there a reason you are doing the logins on the company level vs individual level? Curious because that definitely seems like it's the biggest challenge for most of the Intercom features in this case and probably a variety of others.

Wishing you all the best with figuring things out. If I can help in any way feel free to reach out 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Erin Doherty Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

Just popping in to confirm that what Nathan said is spot on. I’m also happy to flag any feedback you have about our Help Articles with the team! Was there a specific detail in the Article that you wish was noted?

Thanks for the reply and ideas, @Nathan Sudds. It’s a bit frustrating that there aren’t more display options - I would love to hear back from an Intercom employee confirming that this is the case and wish the help center articles actually provided details on what the various settings do, instead of the general overview. 

In the meantime, we’ll just have to figure something else out!