Answered

Clients chat window does not remain minimized

• 14 October 2023
  • 3 replies

We have one client whose chat window will not remain minimized. They will minimize the window on one screen, navigate to another, and the chat window expands again. Every time they navigate somewhere else, it re-opens. OS & Chrome are up to date. 

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 22 October 2023, 23:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Kimberly Hammer Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

Do you know if your team has implemented the Intercom(‘show’); method on any of these pages? Additionally, are you seeing any notifications trigger when the Messenger fires?

Thanks @Racheal. Unfortunately, I do not know the answer to either of those questions. It is on the client's end so I am not sure how I would have visibility. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Kimberly Hammer !

The ‘show’ method is something that your team would have programmed into your site/app -- it’s not something that would be specific to this one client. A first step would be to chat with your dev team to see if there’s anything you’re doing on your end to trigger this behavior. If there isn’t then I would recommend trying to replicate the steps your client is performing to see if you can get the same thing to happen on your end.

Do you know what those steps are, by the way?