Answered

Dynamic attachments for transactional Emails?

• 5 June 2023
  • 2 replies

We would like to send transactional emails using your Visual Email Template editor, but include attachments (like say an invoice) to the Email? Is this something that you support either via your web application or API?

I know that we can add a file to the editor but we need a way to attach a PDF file we generate on the fly.

icon

Best answer by Racheal 9 June 2023, 01:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Jim Heising Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

Can you clarify what you mean by on the fly? As you noted, you can definitely add .pdf files to your emails so I’m unsure on the dynamic piece of it all- I’d love to hear more about how this ideally look for you? To add the .pdf you would just need to click file from the drop down here:

​​​​
​​​​​

If you were hoping to add the file from our dynamic content feature, that is not possible at this time. You could input an image, but not a .pdf:

Looking at the REST API doc here, the body of the email only supports HTML and plain text. I’m afraid attachments are not supported currently. I'll pass this on as a feature request for the product team to consider for the future.

For now, hosting the file externally and adding as a link in the body would be the best option (if going the API route).

2021-11-30_15-02-02.png?expires=1686270086&signature=c7c3f92d86f2fdfab1075b6a51a6f2a061a3ef7cba432f16187ae74117cf2e11&resize=1032x

Yeah a specific scenario I would like to use this for is to include an invoice within a transactional email.