Answered

Send out emails using CSV upload

• 23 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I want to send out emails to a list of users based on a csv upload. I want the email copy to have custom parameters that pick up data points from the csv. How can I do this in intercom?

icon

Best answer by Nathan Sudds 24 October 2023, 07:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Vikrant Kumar this is definitely possible, I'd recommend using Custom Attributes to accomplish this.

You can import the list of attributes into your Intercom account via the csv then make sure if you only want to send to that list you add a tag to the users you import these details for then create a targeted message in Outbound to send to everyone with that tag.

All Custom Attributes should be able to be used in the email text as well using variables.

Hope this helps!

@Vikrant Kumar this is definitely possible, I'd recommend using Custom Attributes to accomplish this.

You can import the list of attributes into your Intercom account via the csv then make sure if you only want to send to that list you add a tag to the users you import these details for then create a targeted message in Outbound to send to everyone with that tag.

All Custom Attributes should be able to be used in the email text as well using variables.

Hope this helps!

Hey Nathan, 

Thank you for your answer! So can Intercom pick up the data from the csv and insert it into the custom attribute? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Vikrant Kumar  Definitely! You can update the custom attributes for a list of users by importing a CSV with the details it can even create new custom attributes by creating new columns in the import.  You can also pass them through the website if this is information you’ve got within your app etc by adding them to the Intercom snippet. 

Hope this helps!