Skip to main content

Hello You !

Hope you’re doing fine :)
Can you please suggest me how to snip messages when I’am answering to a customer on the chat ?
For the moment I just have a unique macro divided in paraghrah and I’m obliged to cut and past and then send the messages one by one.

I’ll be grateful if you could help me saving some time for me and my team ! 

Hi @Anna E, It’s Mat from the Support Engineering Team 😀

I am not sure what you are trying to do but if you are looking for a dynamic macro content, based on the Contact / Conversation attribute you might want to explore reusable workflows.

Please let me know if that was the answer you were looking for 😎

Hey Mat,

You’ll find here a video test.

When I write directly to customer and I use a macro that look like this with the spaces between the paragraph :
“ Hi Anna

This is a test,

Thank you.”

I’am obliged to cut and paste every sentence. 
If we put spaces between the sentences in a macro, there is the possibility to send the macro splitted for every sentence without doing manually a cut a paste ?

I hope it’s clearer now :)

Hello Mat,

Thanks for your reply.

I’ll try to be clearer :)

Here an example of macro :

“Hi XXX

This is a test.

Thank you,”

As you can see in this “macro” I putted some spaces between the sentences. How can I send the 3 sentences separated, without doing cut/paste + send every time ?

@Anna E,

Have you tried to make a breakpoint (enter) with the combination of key Shift+enter (return)

In that case you can add as many spaces as you want to the Macro body.

I would like to automatize the separation of the 3 messages when I’m writing to my customer, without doing the cut/paste of every sentence.

In that case you will need to create a Reusable Workflow (instead of Macro). It might look like this:

Thank you Mat, it’s clear for me now ! 
How can I suggest to Intercom add “cutted” messages on the macro ?
I’ll let you know if I need more information :)

I am glad that I could help.

You can check if this feature has been recorded on our Product Wishlist in our Community?
You can search and upvote existing requests or create new requests 🙌
Check out the quick guide on how the Product Wishlist works here.
Note that you must be logged into the Intercom Community to access the Wishlist. You can log in with SSO or log in as a guest at the top right of the page.