Answered

Can I send intercom messages to the lead users from the intercom messenger?

• 2 November 2020
  • 3 replies

When a system admin logs into the system and opens the intercom messenger, he/she should be able to start a conversation with the lead users of intercom. Basically, there is list of users in the system. After selecting user we should be able to chat with user in intercom messenger similarly to what we do in the conversation interface of intercom. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Kevin Bendixen 3 November 2020, 08:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@sonika s​  I'm not sure I understand your question. Would you mind explaining it a little further?

Are you trying to start a chat with a lead-contact? Did they leave an email when Intercom registered them as a lead?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-02 um 15.04.37Try clicking on the paper plane icon to start a chat.

@kevin b​  I have integrated intercom on my system. My system has two users admin and basic. When a basic user logs into the system, he can communicate with intercom normally. What i need is when an admin logs into my system, is there a way that admin can use the intercom messenger to start conversation with users from my system? Not by logging into intercom and replying from there.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@sonika s​ If I understand your use case correctly you might want to take a look at the Intercom API.

Have not worked with the API myself, so I can't give you anymore tips.