Answered

Customizing the Messenger window when using a custom launcher

• 23 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I am using a custom launcher and hid the default one. I would like to replicate the animation where clicking on my custom launcher when show the messenger window above my custom launcher. 

However, I realize that when the default launcher is disabled and the messenger is open, it's positioned in the bottom right most corner of the webpage and there is a x that appears in the messenger's top right corner. Is there a workaround where I can manually set the position of the messenger up vertically? I would like to mirror the positioning of the messenger when opening the default chat launcher, but using my own custom one. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Racheal 27 June 2023, 03:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Jonathan Lu Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

You can set the side and bottom spacing for your Messenger in your Messenger Settings > Styling > Launcher position: 

Although this will not impact your custom element (if you are not using our default custom launcher feature) it will impact the Messenger, and move that up for you. Here is an example of my custom launcher with the settings above:

Important to note: this will also impact your Outbound messaging and the location they are delivered, using my same example above you can see my Chats are delivered where the Messenger would trigger from:

I hope this helps!

Hey @Jonathan Lu Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

You can set the side and bottom spacing for your Messenger in your Messenger Settings > Styling > Launcher position: 

Although this will not impact your custom element (if you are not using our default custom launcher feature) it will impact the Messenger, and move that up for you. Here is an example of my custom launcher with the settings above:

Important to note: this will also impact your Outbound messaging and the location they are delivered, using my same example above you can see my Chats are delivered where the Messenger would trigger from:

I hope this helps!

Hi Rachel, 

Your solution solved my issue. I had originally thought that the padding customization will only show if the default launcher was on, but this is really good information to know that it will still use the padding for the Messenger even though the default launcher is off.

Thank you so much for the help here!

Jonathan