Answered

Intermittent Intercom Error: 'TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'slice')' - Need Help!

• 6 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hey Everyone,

I've got a head-scratcher here that I'm hoping you all might be able to help with.

Since July 4th, our Intercom's been acting up, throwing this error out of the blue:

"TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'slice')"

Thing is, everything was smooth sailing until last week. I'm wondering if this could be something to do with a new feature or maybe even fallout from the outage two days ago? Checked the health page today, and it's all clear.

Anyone else running into the same thing? Any idea what might have tweaked our setup? Any advice or pointers would be massively appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Mundo Móvil Support 6 July 2023, 22:12

View original

2 replies

Just thought I'd swing back around and update you on the situation with our Intercom issue.

We got in touch with Intercom's support, and it turns out there was an internal problem on their end. They were super helpful and were able to get it all sorted out.

Our Intercom is back to its normal, unproblematic self now – no more "TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'slice')" messages popping up. Phew!

So, if anyone else stumbles across the same issue, it might be worth dropping their support a line.

Thanks again for the help and advice!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Mundo Móvil Support thanks for the follow up here! I’m so glad to hear you got squared away.