Answered

Controlling when carousels can appear in React Native SDK

• 9 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I've noticed that carousels (the automatic ones, meaning one controlled by our marketing team triggered based off user properties) render in our android app before app loading is completed. When app loading does complete, they dismiss themselves. So, they become basically unusable.

We use the react native SDK.

I didn't see any methods that I could use to control the lifecycle to disable it until app loading has completed. I don't want to have to rely on programmatically launching them since it kind of limits our growth team's capabilities.

Any recommendations? I know that there’s a way to manually show articles by using the ID, but I’d love to be able to use this out-of-the-box platform-y set up that can enable our marketing team to use articles without engineering’s involvement. 

Haven’t been able to figure out from the documentation whether there’s a way to control the lifecycle.

icon

Best answer by Brian B11 17 April 2024, 23:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @devin 👋  I’m going to pass your issue onto the support team to take a further look into the delivery issues with your mobile carousel on React Native - we’ll be in touch with you via the Messenger 💬

To allow your marketing team to have more control over mobile carousels, you can choose to turn off automatic sending or add a delay to your mobile carousel.

You can schedule it to send at a specific time or during a custom delivery period. To do this, you can set specific dates and times for it to start and stop sending, schedule it to send during or outside your office hours, or set a custom delivery time during which it will send. Note that trigger times are based on your workspace's timezone. To define a custom time, click the start time, hold 'shift,' and click the end time. Your message will then send during the selected period. You can also set delivery times across multiple days.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @devin 

Mobile Carousels get automatically displayed when the response for a user login or update user is received.

So whats probably happening here is that you’re making a request to Intercom’s API to login or update a user before your app has finished launching. To control this, you can decide to call the login or user update API in Intercom when you know your app has fully finished launching.

Hope this makes sense. 

Brian