Answered

Hi! Our customers reporting a new topic issue on Cordova intercom plugins + some crashes.

• 26 November 2020
  • 7 replies

We have logged a couple of crashes on our app related to the intercom Cordova plugin, also some of our app users reported creating new topic.

1) One of the issue is when the user (iPhone 8, iOS 14.2) sending a message in a new conversation... the application crashes. The message has been sent but the app crashed. Check the example below (check video). Plugin version (cordova-plugin-intercom": "9.3.0")

2) Couple other crashes related to intercomSDK can be related to this issue. We have updated last time our cordova-plugin-intercom from Version ^8.0.0 to Version 9.3.0

Cordova iOS v5.1.1

cordova-plugin-intercom Version [2.3.20200628] -> ^8.0.0

cordova-plugin-intercom Version [2.3.20201124] -> 9.3.0

Platform affected: only iOS

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 26 November 2020, 17:19

View original

7 replies

Hey! Thanks for posting about this, and sorry you're having trouble here.

This crash is something we've been looking into for a while, but are really struggling to reproduce it and haven't been able to pin down the cause.

You mentioned that this happens when sending a message in a new conversation.. Have you been able to reliably reproduce the crash? If so, it would really help us if you could share the steps to reproduce the issue?

Did you see the video? It's step by step what our customer do.

1) Open intercom interface

2) Start new conversation

3) Create new message

4) Press send ... little while...

Then plugin dialog window just disappear. And app crashes...

Do you send any notifications straight away new message? I have seen some issues related to notifications (Firebase messaging) on your post as well.

Ah, apologies! I didn't see the video, but that's fantastic. Thank you.

I have a few questions to help with this, if that's ok?

• It looks like there's a tap on the close button (top right) whilst the message is still sending as well. Is that right?
  • Do you get that crash every time you follow those steps?
  • Do you have any bots set up that might try to reply to the conversation? For example, a custom bot or Resolution Bot?
  • Looking at the UI in the video and your original post, it looks like you're using an old version of the iOS SDK. Can I check that with you? So you're using v9.3.0 of the Cordova plugin, but with v5.1.1 of the iOS SDK? Are you able to reproduce the crash if you use the latest version of the iOS SDK (v8.1.0)?
  • It looks like there's a tap on the close button (top right) whilst the message is still sending as well. Is that right?
    • Yes he does it... And this is the issue! Look at two attached videos
      • 1. He waiting till message sent (not crashes at all)
      • 2. He press the button before message has been sent. And this scenario crashing the app!!! We have it!!!!!
  • Do you get that crash every time you follow those steps?
    • Yes, only when press x button while message is sending.
  • Do you have any bots set up that might try to reply to the conversation? For example, a custom bot or Resolution Bot?
    • Nope.
  • Looking at the UI in the video and your original post, it looks like you're using an old version of the iOS SDK. Can I check that with you? So you're using v9.3.0 of the Cordova plugin, but with v5.1.1 of the iOS SDK? Are you able to reproduce the crash if you use the latest version of the iOS SDK (v8.1.0)?

Thanks for helping me work through this, @przemyslaw​! I'll have a chat with the Engineer who's working on this 👍

@Mathew Cropper​ Keep me updating, please! Thanks for your help!

Hey @przemyslaw​! We just released v8.1.1 of the iOS SDK with a fix for this issue. Thank you for your help in troubleshooting this one 🙏