Answered

Intercom Carousel With Two Permission Prompts Not Working As Expected(React Native)

• 24 October 2023
  • 3 replies

• New Participant
  • 3 replies

When using two permission prompts in a mobile carousel and the first prompt is accepted the second prompt gets marked as accepted automatically when the user hasn’t accepted it yet.

In this example I enabled the notification permissions and the location permissions updated to show it was accepted when I never tapped the `Enable Location` permissions button. Checking in settings you can see that location permission was not actually accepted.

React Native: 0.72.5
Intercom SDK: 6.1.0
Platform: iOS & Android
iOS: 17.0
Android: 14

icon

Best answer by Eden 31 October 2023, 17:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Taj 👋 Eden from the support engineer team here.

A few things to note with Mobile Carousels

• If they’ve already granted the permission, this screen in the carousel will be skipped.

• If they’ve previously denied the permission, the screen will be shown and the ‘accept’ button will open the app settings on their device. The carousel will still be there when they return to the app.

• On Android, push notification permissions are granted by default. This screen will be skipped unless they have previously denied the permission.

It seems odd that the permission isn’t showing within your settings though. I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to the Support team for further investigation. They will get back to you there as soon as possible! 

Hi @Eden, Thank you for the reply! A few updates on this issue. I have found that this only happens on the simulator for iOS, on a real device it works as expected! However on Android the issue still is still happening on both the simulator and a real device.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Taj I’ll pass this information along to the Support team as well, thanks!