Answered

iOS / iPad OS v15.0 opening "Test workspace" Help Center with SDK 16.3.1 crashes

• 5 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Only my “Test workspace” crashes, the production one works fine.

The code I’m calling is the following when opening the Help Center:

Intercom.present(Space.helpCenter)

--

The uncaught exception that is being thrown is:

Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSUnknownKeyException', reason: '[<IntercomSDKPrivate.ErrorViewController ...> setValue:forUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key closeImageView.'

Which often means the `ErrorViewController.xib `(or storyboard?) had a property set in a XIB which longer exists in ErrorViewController.

--

The expected behaviour is that if an error needs to display (because I’m using a test workspace) that the error shows rather than the app crashing.

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 11 December 2023, 00:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @mindfulnessmatt !

Crashes with the Mobile SDK are best addressed directly with our Support team due to the need for further information. I’ve gone ahead and forwarded your message over to them. They should reach out to you via the Email address that you’ve signed up with. So be on the lookout for their message!

In case it helps others, this was resolved by renaming the “ErrorViewController” class in my app to something else.

As an Intercom framework user I don’t have control over how Intercom chooses which view controller to put onscreen, but it should be possible to fix this on the framework side.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks @mindfulnessmatt 

We’ll make some changes to address this issue. Thanks for highlighting it.

Brian