Skip to main content

We are facing following issue in our iOS Native app:

When the app is closed and the user clicks on the Intercom’s Push Notification, the app opens up but the chat/post opens momentarily and closes. This only happens when the app is closed and notification is clicked, it works fine if the app is in the background/active state.

In our case when the app is opened via Push Notification in the app's closed state, main view get refreshed after data fetching.

I have done all the Push Notification configuration as per the doc: https://developers.intercom.com/installing-intercom/ios/push-notifications

We are using iOS SDK Intercom version: 17.1.2

Similar kind of issue was resolved by our Android Team by using Intercom.client().handlePushMessage() . However, such a method does not exist in the iOS Intercom SDK.

i am also getting same issue anyone have idea please reply here it will help to me lot …… 😊

Hi there, It’s Mat from the Support Engineering Team 😀

Can you please update SDK to the latest version 17.2.2 and check if that does the trick?

Hi Mat,
As you suggested we have upgraded our Intercom SDK version to 17.2.2 on our staging environment and tested the push notification redirection issue on app closed state still we are facing the same issue.
Push notifications redirection is working fine on background and active app state for latest 17.2.2 SDK However the same is not working for closed state like previous SDK versions.
Attaching the issue demonstration video link in this thread - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wDg2wWD4DEUlTON7AsLxdPbb3T6pME_W?usp=sharing

Hope you’ll resolve this issue soon as its blocker for our next major relaease.
Thanks

HI Somnath Mandhare, It’s Mat from the Support Engineering Team 😀

I’ve created the conversation in Intercom for you to flag this issue with our Engineers. Please continue this thread there. 

any update regarding above issue mateusz.leszkiewicz
Getting same issue in my iOS Application.
please resolve it ASAP , i hope you do 😊😊😊