Answered

Manifest merger failed with multiple errors

• 16 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi there, 
  I am using react-native intercom library and after release of io.intercom.android:intercom-sdk-base:15.1.6, getting below error

Manifest merger failed with multiple errors

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 27 August 2023, 00:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey there@jatin_123 !

Do you have more details around those “multiple errors” that you could send over?

Also, the team did recently add FileProvider in the Manifest. They are looking into seeing if that might be causing the issue.

Do you know if you have included FileProvider in your Manifest, too?  If so, as a workaround could you try to wrap it like is discussed here and see if it helps?

Hey there @Jacob Cox !!
 Here I am attaching error. This is related to Fileprovider as this is also there in other library, I think this may occur with other libraries also, take a look.

/Users/macm60/Desktop/mobile-app/android/app/src/debug/AndroidManifest.xml:15:13-72 Error:
Attribute provider#androidx.core.content.FileProvider@authorities value=(com.verygoodsecurity.vgsshow.provider) from [com.verygoodsecurity:vgsshow:1.2.0] AndroidManifest.xml:15:13-72
is also present at [io.intercom.android:intercom-sdk-base:15.1.6] AndroidManifest.xml:121:13-72 value=(com.today.development.IntercomFileProvider).
Suggestion: add 'tools:replace="android:authorities"' to <provider> element at AndroidManifest.xml:13:9-21:20 to override.

/Users/macm60/Desktop/mobile-app/android/app/src/debug/AndroidManifest.xml:44:17-55 Error:
Attribute meta-data#android.support.FILE_PROVIDER_PATHS@resource value=(@xml/file_paths) from [:react-native-blob-util] AndroidManifest.xml:44:17-55
is also present at [io.intercom.android:intercom-sdk-base:15.1.6] AndroidManifest.xml:126:17-60 value=(@xml/intercom_file_paths).
Suggestion: add 'tools:replace="android:resource"' to <meta-data> element at AndroidManifest.xml to override.

See http://g.co/androidstudio/manifest-merger for more information about the manifest merger.
Userlevel 1

@Jacob Cox 
File provider name in app clashes with file provider used by intercom:
https://commonsware.com/blog/2017/06/27/fileprovider-libraries.html

• There can be only one <provider> element in a manifest for a given android:name attribute, pointing to some specific Java class

To fix this intercom SDK needs to subclass file provider and use their own class in Manifest declaration

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey there @jatin_123 !

Thanks for sending the error log! I sent it along to our Product Team. They’ll be fixing this in the next release. In the meantime, you can try wrapping that FileProvider as I mentioned above. You could also try reverting to an earlier version of the React Native SDK until the next release if that works better for you!

Hi @Jacob Cox ,

I have temporary fixed issue, Thanx for taking a note of this issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi again @jatin_123!

Just wanted to reach back out to you to let you know that our current Android SDK version (15.2+) should have fixed that issue that you were seeing!

@Jacob Cox Thanx for the support. :)