Answered

Open the messenger from an event triggered workflow

• 15 November 2023
  • 2 replies

I was able to trigger a workflow from my mobile application based on a logEvent that shows in the form of a popup notification to the user. This requires the user to click on that popup, which opens the messenger, then the user can interact with the rest of the workflow. Is it possible to trigger a workflow which shows the message within the Intercom messenger, not within a popup?

For example: I have a button in my mobile app. When the user taps that button, I would like to show the messenger with a workflow. Is that possible? If so, can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 18 November 2023, 23:26

View original

2 replies

Maybe another way to put it - can I open the messenger from my application, and populate it with a workflow depending on where the user opened the messenger?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Nava Support !

Currently, it’s not possible to trigger a specific Workflow in the Messenger other than the way you describe, above -- trigger it with an Event which pops up the initial chat bubble that the User then has to click on. 

I’ll flag this as a Feature Request with our team, though. I’m sure there are other customers that would like to implement a similar behavior!