Answered

[SDK] [iOS] [Swift] [Crash] Intercom 13 and 14 crashes

• 4 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello, Intercom team.
I've encountered a serious problem when using Intercom ios sdk on the latest versions of ios 16.4 and higher, the application began to crash with an error when trying to open a conversation from the list of conversations in Intercom. (1)

After that, I tried to update Intercom version to 14.1.0 but faced an even more serious problem, the application began to crash when opening the Intercom screen (after calling Intercom.presentMessenger()), including on older iOS versions. (2)

Are you aware of these problems and can you suggest a solution?

1)

Xcode Version 14.3 (Swift)
iPhone iOS versions 16.4 and 16.4.1 
Intercom iOS SDK version 13.0.0 (installed with cocoapods)

Error description:

Thread 1: "Invalid batch updates detected: the number of sections and/or items returned by the data source before and/or after performing the batch updates are inconsistent with the updates.\nData source before updates = { 1 section with item counts: [1] }\nData source after updates = { 1 section with item counts: [1] }\nUpdates = [\n\tInsert item (0 - 0)\n]\nCollection view: <IntercomSDKPrivate.TouchTransparentCollectionView: 0x15e328000; baseClass = UICollectionView; frame = (-375 0; 375 627); transform = [1, 0, 0, 1, -375, 0]; clipsToBounds = YES; alpha = 0; gestureRecognizers = <NSArray: 0x6000022d8cf0>; backgroundColor = UIExtendedGrayColorSpace 0 0; layer = <CALayer: 0x600002cc6dc0>; contentOffset: {0, -56}; contentSize: {375, 513}; adjustedContentInset: {56, 0, 0, 0}; layout: <ICMHomescreenFlowLayout: 0x15d016520>; dataSource: <ICMHomescreenViewController: 0x15d8d0200>>"

2)

Xcode Version 14.3 (Swift)
iPhone iOS versions 15.*, 16.* 
Intercom iOS SDK version 14.0.0 and 14.1.0 (installed with cocoapods)

Error description:

Thread 1: "[<IntercomSDKPrivate.HomeHeaderViewController 0x15995b000> setValue:forUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key bannersView."

icon

Best answer by Racheal 9 May 2023, 00:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @gleb.preger Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

I think I reached out to you about this in your conversation with support and you said you’ve solved it! If not feel free to reach back out and we can dive back into it.

Hey @gleb.preger Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

I think I reached out to you about this in your conversation with support and you said you’ve solved it! If not feel free to reach back out and we can dive back into it.

Hi, we have not discussed this problem in a conversation and it is still not resolved.

I found the cause of the crash in versions 14 and 15. IntercomSDKPrivate.HomeHeaderViewController tries to use HomeHeaderView.xib from the main application bundle (if it exists) and not from the Intercom module. Enough to reproduce the crash- create an empty project- install Intercom pod- create a HomeHeaderView.xib file in the project- call Intercom.present() at application startup.And you will get a crash with the description:*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: '-[UIViewController _loadViewFromNibNamed:bundle:] loaded the "HomeHeaderView" nib but the view outlet was not set.'

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi everyone, thanks for reporting this issue.

Its been fixed in Release 15.0.1 of the iOS SDK.

Hi everyone, thanks for reporting this issue.

Its been fixed in Release 15.0.1 of the iOS SDK.

We are still experiencing this crashing issue on the latest intercom-cordova plugin. Any idea if this was updated with a fix or if it will be soon?