Answered

Calculate active AHT

• 22 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,

In Intercom's metrics, the Average Handling Time is measured when a conversation is assigned to a teammate and the status is open.

However, this metric indicates the total time until the customer receives a reply.

In our case, we're aiming to collect data on the actual time a teammate spends actively engaged with a case, such as having the conversation/ticket open in a tab, writing a reply, or leaving notes.

Is there a way to access this information through Intercom reporting, or alternatively are there any timer apps that we could install to calculate this?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by mateusz.leszkiewicz 30 April 2024, 15:05

View original

3 replies

Hey Tereza, nice to know I am not the only one with this issue from my care team 😭.

I’ll leave my comment here to see if this issue will further looked into by Intercom. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Tereza and Ryan, It’s Mat from the Support Engineering Team 😀

To track the actual time a teammate spends actively engaged with a case, you can use the "Teammate time active" metric in the Team Performance Metrics within Custom Reports in Intercom. This metric reflects the amount of time a teammate has been active. To access this information, you should:

1. Go to the Intercom dashboard.
2. Navigate to the Reports section.
3. Select Custom Reports.
4. Create a new report or edit an existing one.
5. Add the "Teammate time active" metric to your report.
6. Apply any necessary filters, such as date range or specific teammates.
7. Run the report to view the active time for the selected teammates.

Please note that this metric only accounts for the time spent in an active status and does not include time spent in Away or Away & Reassigning statuses.

Hello Mat,

Thank you for your response, but unfortunately, it doesn't align with the topic I discribed in my previous message.

In your suggestion, this metric measures the total time until the customer receives a reply, excluding periods when a teammate is inactive.

However, consider this scenario: if a customer contacts us at 09:00 am and a teammate responds at 11:00 am (while being active this time), it doesn't necessarily mean that the actual handling time was 2 hours, as the teammate might not have been actively working on the case.

As far as I understand, there isn't a method to accurately track the time a teammate spends actively engaged with a case.

However, is there a timer integration available that we could implement to accurately calculate this?

For instance, in our previous CRM system, we utilized "TicketTimer."