Answered

How does Intercom attribute a goal?

• 23 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
  • Active User
  • 13 replies

We want to understand how intercom attributes a goal to a user from within a specific email - if that users has been sent several emails with the same goal.

Example: we run a special offer campaign with a series of 3 emails each with the same goal: that the users subscribes to our app. What we need to know is if a user subscribes but has been sent all 3 emails how does intercom attribute it as 'goals met' only to the email from which that users subscribed? They event will be when they apply our discount coupon, but how is intercom attributing this to one of the 3 emails - is it based on linked clicks? If so what would happen if a user clicked on all three emails? We just want to be sure our data is clean and we don't have duplicate data in regards to our subscriptions and how they're attributed. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Aparna 26 December 2021, 08:01

View original

5 replies

Hey @mkt​ !  A user is eligible to trigger a message goal anytime after they are sent the message. You can view this data in the message stat section..

If the user has already matched the goal before being sent the message, they will not contribute towards the goal percentage. Does that clarify?

Badge +1

Hi, sorry that doesn't really clarify the question. A few examples of where I need a bit more clarity.

1. If a user is sent 3 emails all with the same goal (e.g. to start a subscription). And they open all 3 emails - which email is the goal attributed to and how? Or is it attributed to all 3?
  2. If we also run paid ads on Facebook and the user in Intercom subscribes via those ads but also opened the emails - could Intercom attribute them to an email?

Basically I need more info on how attribution happens. Thanks

Badge +1

Any updates on this please? Thank you

Badge +1

Hi so just to clarify, they are attributed to the most recent email based on sent date. e.g. a user gets 3 emails with the same goal. If they then start a subscription 2 weeks after all emails they will be attributed to the 3rd email? It's entirely based on sent date? Not by tracking the user journey or anything like that?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@mkt​ Hey Nico, I answered in the other thread. It was Holidays time so I guess not a lot of people were here 🙂