Answered

Why is there a difference between my team's median and average response times?

• 30 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Big difference in Median and Average response time - how can I get more data on what causes this?

I have been looking at the difference between my teams median response time and the average response time. There is a big difference. How can I get more data to analyse what is causing this? I don't think the conversation export has first response time data?

icon

Best answer by Sam 2 May 2021, 12:27

View original

3 replies

Badge +1

The difference in the two averages is just the mathematics behind the two averages.

I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think you can export this data with conversation export.

I’d try leveraging Custom Reports to see if you can get the analysis you’re looking for with that.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @ben s11​ ,

Please take a look at the following article to understand difference between median and average response time.​

Let me know if you have any further questions about this topic.​

Badge

Thanks @user1030​ @roy s11​, my teams median first response time for April is 8m 56s where as the average is 1h 51m. I assume there are a small(ish) number of conversations driving up my average response time, but I am struggling to easily identify them. Do you have a recommendation for locating them? For context we had 6721 conversations so don't want to go through them all!