Answered

How to identify users that respond to an Intercom survey embedded in an email?

• 3 August 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a survey running in our mobile app, with a fallback to email if users do not respond to the survey. At the moment users that submit the survey via email are unidentified. Is there a way to pass a long user info in the survey url to solve this?

icon

Best answer by Eden 9 August 2023, 23:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @svencu 👋 Eden from the support engineer team here.

To confirm, when you say a fallback to email if users do not respond to the survey, are these survey methods all within a Series? It sounds like it would be best for you to connect with the support team so that they can get more details about your use case and how you are sending these surveys to users. I’ve opened a conversation with the support team for you regarding your question and they will get back to you as soon as possible! 👍

@Eden - I’m having a similar issue. Using a Series, we are surfacing an in-app survey once, and if its dismissed, we show it to the user again. If its dismissed the 2nd time, we are firing an event via webhook (from the series) through Segment to our email platform Iterable, which then fires off an email with the survey “embedded” in it. 

My question is: if a user completes the survey from the email, would the Series in intercom detect that the survey was completed?

Is there any interplay between sending an email w/ a survey embedded and being able to leverage that response in a Series? (provided that the survey was already referenced in the Series and that it has both a “dismissed” and “completed” path after the Survey node in the Series.)

Any assistance in understanding what is happening, including opening a ticket, would be very helpful!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey there @Vince Bartman !

I know Fads on our Support team already helped you with this, but I just wanted to post his answer here for anyone else who might have this question.

Your question is: if a user completes the survey from the email, would the Series in intercom detect that the survey was completed?

The answer is: the email allows the user to progress down the completed path if:

1. When the user completes the Survey, it redirects them to your website as a logged-in user, and they complete the survey as a user
  2. They complete the Survey under the time set for the rule block in the Series.

Thanks for reaching out about that!