Answered

Using surveys (or something similar) to update customer attributes?

• 11 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I’m setting up a survey to collect attributes like name and job title, but ran into a blocker where I noticed that company attributes can’t be mapped from surveys. 

Has anyone figured out a work around for this, or have a creative idea on how we can collect inputs from our users and log them as company attributes? 

icon

Best answer by Racheal 15 August 2023, 02:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Micah Spieler Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

That’s right, you won’t be able to save user responses to company data attributes as it is the user taking the Survey and not the actual company. That said, I’d be happy to flag this as a feature request for the team to consider in the future! The workaround here would be to create a custom user attribute to save your Survey response data to, and then your team will need to write a script or app to map that value to the desired company attribute. Company values can be created and updated via our JavaScript API and our REST API. Some company data can be edited in the UI, once the company attribute has been added to your qualification data.

Thanks @Racheal — I think flagging this as a feature request sounds great. I’ll look into those options. 

For your feature request submission: what I’m trying to achieve is a Series workflow that allows us to enable our users to enrich not only their own user profile with additional information from a first-login survey, but also their company. I’m looking to collect information about their industry, employee count, etc, so that we can better segment them and align their support and engagement in a more personalized manner.