Answered

Unable to tag a ticket using AttachTagToTicket API

• 14 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hey Team,

Thanks in advance,

I'm attempting to link a tag to the ticket generated through the create ticket API, utilizing the Attach Tag to Ticket API. However, whenever I make an attempt to attach the tag, I receive an error indicating that the tag isn't supported for this ticket type. I've tried attaching the tag across all three categories (Ticket Types: "Customer," "Back-office," "Tracker").

Is there something I'm overlooking in my approach, or could there possibly be an issue with the Tag API itself?

{
"type": "error.list",
"request_id": xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"errors": [
{
"code": "unsupported",
"message": "Tag not supported for this ticket type"
}
]
}

icon

Best answer by bernice 19 February 2024, 15:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Zoom Suresh 👋 Tags work only with Customer ticket types, see our docs here 📌

You’ll need to ensure you’re sending a POST request along with the Tag ID and the Admin ID of the admin attaching the tag.

@bernice i tried for customer ticket type as well, still it didnt work out. I used https://developers.intercom.com/docs/references/rest-api/api.intercom.io/Tickets/attachTagToTicket/ API

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Given the nature of this query and that we’ll likely need some further details here, I’m going to pass this over to the support team to take further action on this issue for you, @Zoom Suresh 🙂

@bernice When should I anticipate a response from the support team?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Zoom Suresh ! 

I took a look at the conversation that you had with our Support team and just wanted to add a note here for anyone else who might come across this quiest that the issue had to do with the Ticket Type you were trying to add the Tag to. You can only add Tags to Customer Ticket Types.