Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a workflow that triggers a message when a user sends any message out of office hours.

The problem is that sometimes a teammate responds to tickets out of office hours, so i would like not to trigger this workflow when this is happening.

I noticed that in the audience rules there is one called “Last teammate reply”, that is a conversation attribute, but it can be set only in the scale of the days. So if want to set it like “Last teammate reply was less than 1 hour ago”, I couldn’t do it.

¿Is there a way to make this audience rule work in the scale of hours and not days?

Thanks in advance

Hello 👋, Pavel here from Intercom. You're right—the “Last teammate reply” attribute does not support values less than 1 day. You could try to build this automation using Custom Conversation Data Attributes.

1. Create a boolean Conversation Data Attribute to indicate if a teammate has replied in a conversation during out-of-office hours. In the example below I created an attribute called “Teammate replied in out-of-office hours

2. Create an auto-reply workflow that will not only check the out-of-office attribute but also verify if a teammate has replied to this conversation during out-of-office hours. This workflow will also check if a teammate is not available for, say, 1 hour, and will reset this attribute to false to enable notifications if a teammate has left the conversation.

3. Create second workflow that will set this attribute to True if a teammate replies during out-of-office hours.

I added a few screenshots of how it may look. Let me know if it’s helpful.