Skip to main content

Hi Team,

I’m working on a project where we need to automatically add a note whenever a customer starts a conversation. The note should include a URL that is based on the conversation ID. For example, if a customer starts conversation 1234, the note should contain a link like example.com/whatever/1234.

Currently, it seems that the workflow's “Add a Note” action does not support directly referencing the conversation ID using {{conversation.id}}.

Here’s what I’m considering:

1. Custom Action: Creating a custom action that POSTs the conversation ID to an API endpoint, which then responds with the ID. We could store this ID as a custom attribute and use it in the note.
  2. Alternative Methods: Exploring other possible solutions to include the conversation ID directly in the note without complex workarounds.

Could you provide suggestions on:

• How to best implement this functionality within the current workflow capabilities?
  • If there’s a simpler or more efficient method to reference the conversation ID in the note?
  • Any potential support or features in Intercom that might facilitate this process?

I appreciate your insights and any ideas you might have!

Regard

Darshan Hiranandani

Hi @darshanhiranandani ! Ebenezer here from Engineering Support👋.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to do this currently. The only way to get the Conversation ID would be from the API.

I can submit this as a feature request to the R&D team and see if this is something they can implement.