Answered

How can I access the conversation ID in a workflow?

• 2 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello, I am currently working on a project wherein we want to add a note whenever a customer starts a conversation. The note will contain a URL based off the conversation ID. So if a customer creates conversation 1234, we will leave a note example.com/whatever/1234.

It does not appear that the workflow “add a note” action allows me to populate the note with the value {{conversation.id}}.

Is this something that would be possible to add support for? The only workaround I can think of is to create a custom action which POSTs the conversation ID to some API endpoint which responds with the ID, store the ID as a custom attribute, and then use that custom attribute in the note. This is less than straightforward and seems more difficult than simply referencing the ID directly from the “add a note” action.

Is this something that Intercom can support?

icon

Best answer by mateusz.leszkiewicz 9 April 2024, 14:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Nathan, It’s Mat from the Support Engineering Team 😀

The workaround that you’ve described is the only way to pass a conversation ID in the note. 
Can you reach out to us via Messenger in your workspace? Maybe we can come up with a better solution for your use case.