Skip to main content

I’m currently setting up workflows in Intercom to automate some of my customer interactions, but I want to make sure everything is functioning properly before launching it to all users. Is there a way to test or preview the workflows to ensure the messages, triggers, and actions are working as expected? also( Check out ), are there any best practices for testing workflows before they go live to avoid issues with incorrect message delivery or user segmentation? Any advice or tips on how to effectively test workflows would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @Williamjoe 😊

Do you have your workflows running in the environment, where you can identify the user (e.g. internal portal)? If that’s the case you can set workflows live, but limit the audience to your test users: this way, only targeted users will see them.

Alternatively, you can install the Intercom Messenger onto a staging environment of your website and target the Workflows on those URLs. 

If you can identify users (like on an internal portal), set your workflows live but limit them to test users only. Or, install Intercom Messenger on a staging site and test the workflows there to make sure everything works properly before launching.