Skip to main content
Answered

How to can I launch and collect data for a beta waitlist

• 2 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hey everyone! 

I have a new product that we are in the process of finishing up to release to customers soon, and I wanted to launch a message to segment of customers to signup for a waitlist to use the product. Intercom has done this recently for Fin Copilot. 

How can I create this? I was thinking of sending out a post to the segment, but I need to collect a yes or a no to join the waitlist. Then I want to pick people in order of who clicked “yes” first and slowly release to that list of users. 

Any ideas? 

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @Colton Carnevale

To announce a launch to a segment of customers who have signed up with a "yes" to join the waitlist, you can use filters in your messages to target the right people. As you have mentioned, you should create a segment for customers who clicked "yes" to join the waitlist. You have a couple of options of differentiating these users:

You could tag the users that have opted in to your launch, this could be easily achieved via a CSV to update these users - you can import a CSV file with user information and use the "Filter audience from CSV" option to further refine your audience based on specific attributes, such as their response to the waitlist invitation.

You'll find more on this in these articles from our Help Center ⬇️

Tracking user data in Intercom

Filter audience from a CSV

Best of luck with your product launch! ✨🚀