Skip to main content
Answered

Is it possible to add a function to close the conversation with Resolution Bot conditions?

• 24 February 2022
  • 6 replies

We run our custom bots in the manner that Support requests during the day are being transferred to live chat support, while the requests outside office hours are directed to our ticket system.

Challenge is that we cannot really use the Resolution Bot if we cannot connect customers to an agent after Resolution Bot has failed to answer.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add the "Close conversation" option to requests when a visitor clicks on "Connect to an agent" outside of office hours?

Another alternative would be to enable us to give additional options with Resoluton Bot reply buttons if they are integrated into our Custom Bots: e.g. if Resolution Bot has failed to find an answer, the conversation could go to path X within the Custom Bot.

6 replies

Hey @aleksei o​ 👋

Trying to think of a workaround here, you could have an out of hours Custom Bot set up with a Resolution Bot that closes the conversation if passed to a teammate. You can choose to not have the handover behaviour outside of office hours within the Resolution bot behaviours: 👇

icccccWould something like that work for you?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I agree that this would be super useful! Ever since we upgraded our Custom Bots to handover to Resolution Bot, we have an issue handling messages where the customer then becomes unresponsive. These stay open in our inbox, because they don't fall under the usual "close abandoned custom bots" task. Inbox rules don't help either because we don't want to close all abandoned conversations, only those previously handled by the resolution bot.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Lisa! Thanks for the suggestion: I managed to build a handover in a way that when the conversation is passed to a teammate and the customer selects the issue category, the resolution bot will communicate our inability to provide live support, and the custom bot would close the chat!

But having more buttons for Resolution Bot would still come in handy as customers do anyways expect to have live support available :(

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi there! Does your resolution bot run independently? If you would integrate it in the Custom Bot, it should apply the same inbox rules and close unattended conversations when rules apply 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

We are making use of the relatively new feature in Custom Bots to handover to Resolution Bot for follow-up. While abandoned Custom Bot conversations get closed by Task Bot, abandoned Resolution Bot conversations started via a Custom Bot do not. We have a rather large number of those, so it is just annoying for us to always close these manually. As mentioned, I don't wish to close all abandoned conversations, only those that started via a Custom Bot, so an Inbox Rule doesn't really help here I believe.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Not sure If I understood the case correctly but in our case, the conversations that were started by Custom Bot, and then were handed over to Resolution Bot, do close if there has been no reply from the customer.

To trigger the rule on the specific convos, I also apply tags so the "no response" rule triggers once certain tag is applied to the conversation.