Answered

How to create account hosted in Europe?

• 8 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all!

I’ve found two articles in the help center describing the new regional data hosting options – which is great!

However, none of the articles mentions how to actually create and account in these other regions. I want to create an account thats hosted in Europe. How to I proceed?

icon

Best answer by Racheal 12 September 2023, 02:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @eraleks Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

Here is a quick overview of how our regional data hosting program works!

In order to better support our customers around the globe, we've built new installations of Intercom that now reside in Ireland and Australia, so you can choose where you would like to have your data processed. As an existing customer, you would need to move to an annual plan, as well as migrate to a new instance of Intercom in order to access regional data hosting.

What type of data is included?

• All Visitor and Contact data collected by the Messenger.
  • All the conversation data that happens via the Messenger (between you and your customers).
  • All the data attributes or events a customer collects on their workspace.

As a note, Regional Data hosting is available on our Sales-led, annual plans. If you would like to learn more about moving to a plan that includes regions data hosting let me know and I can forward you into the support team!

Hello,

As a new customer, is it possible to choose the location right from the registration? I couldn't find this feature for the current trial period.

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Nathan HERBERT !

Regional (EU and AU hosted) workspaces are only included on annual sales-sold plans. So, you’ll need to chat with a member of our Sales Team to set those plans up.