Answered

RTL Support in outbound Emails

• 15 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Is there any plan to support RTL in outbound Email templates (and outbound emails in general)?
I tried using the RTL tag in HTML but it does not apply/save.

icon

Best answer by Eden 17 August 2023, 18:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Maya Lieber 👋 Eden from the support engineer team here.

You should be able to create a custom HTML message or have a template in place that has RTL formatting in place. You would need to implement a workaround by adding RTL into the custom template and replace the following in the opening body and HTML tags in the code: 

<body> => <body style="direction: rtl !important; text-align: right !important;">
<html> => <html style="direction: rtl !important; text-align: right !important;">

You can also add the following towards the end of your styles:

/* Over-ride for RTL */.right-to-left .intercom-align-right{  text-align: left !important;}.right-to-left .intercom-align-left{  text-align: right !important;}.right-to-left .intercom-align-left {  text-align:right !important;}.right-to-left li {  text-align:right !important;  direction: rtl;}.right-to-left .intercom-align-left img,.right-to-left .intercom-align-left .intercom-h2b-button {  margin-left: 0 !important;}

With this custom template, when editing an email the RTL styling doesn't appear, but when previewing the email, the styling is rendered.

Having a default way to have RTL styling is a great feature request and feedback for the product team though! I can see how support for this would be really helpful. 

Hi Eden!

Oh it worked now, thanks so much!!
I did try formatting the HTML but I guess I was missing something.

Thanks again,
Maya