Skip to main content

Update 💡

The Merge Conversations & Tickets feature is now in Beta again and our product team is happy to help you get access to it 🤩

Once opted in you should see an in app message appear in your workspace confirming you have access and linking to the relevant article outlining how the feature works today.

Please feel free to share any feedback with our support team during the Beta; we’d love to hear how you’re getting on and if there are any improvements you’d like to see to this feature in future.

Click the link below to request access now.

Great News! Merge conversations & tickets feature is now available in beta! 🥳

That’s one of the most requested features in the Intercom Community—and now we are here to help you get access to it! 

If you’d like to get access to the Merge conversations & tickets beta, submit your details on the link below 👇

💡 Note: Please allow a few days to get access to this beta after sending the request. In the meantime, to learn more about the merging tickets and conversations beta, check out this article.

Hi @Diana Tripac I would love info on this too. 

Thanks! 

Thank you for including us in this beta! The feature has been working well for us to date. From a UI perspective, we’d prefer to have both conversations visible in the single conversation rather than just having a message that says this conversation was merged. The current interface requires additional clicks for the agent to follow that link to view the other conversation. Ideally, we’d like merged conversations to pull into a single thread. For example when we merge two emails, we’d like both emails to be visible in the merged conversation in the order that they were sent/received.

Could we please have this feature ? 

One additional thing I noticed when testing is that there’s nothing on the customer experience side that lets the customer know that the tickets have been merged or that the old ones are closed. It just looks like they never got a response. I wonder I there would be a way to link to the merged ticket so they realize which conversations got merged?

+1 to this! Letting the customer know it has been closed and removing the option for a reply, thereby forcing them to communicate through the open conversation (since reps can no longer reply to messages in merged convos).

I need to join the beta version for the feature

Would it be possible to join this beta? If not, when will this feature get released?

I see that the beta for merging conversations has closed.

Is there a timeline for the merge feature to be released into full production?

Hi @Christian Leo  @Concierge if you share with me your App ID via a private message, I can try and see if I can still opt you in. I will get back to you with more details on the release timeline 👍

That would be awesome :-) Just sent you a message

Hi there - Andrea from the R&D product team here. Great to see that there’s continued interest in the merging conversations beta! We’ve put a temporary pause on adding new sign ups just now but are aiming to open up the beta again before we release to it to full production. We’re reviewing plans around that at the moment so I don’t have exact timescales to share yet but we’ll update here when we have more information to share.

Can you please let me know when the beta program is open again - Thanks!

Hi @Kevin Burkitt , based on Andree’s reply, please see the answer below:

We’re reviewing plans around that at the moment so I don’t have exact timescales to share yet but we’ll update here when we have more information to share

Thanks for your ongoing interest, we’ll keep you updated once we have more news on that.
@Andrea Nagel could you please kindly drop a message in this thread once we have more updates on that? Thanks so much! 🙌

@Diana Tripac Just coming across this thread now, would our team be able to get access to this? We are dying for this feature!

Do we have a estimated time of release?  - This feature would heavily benefit our support system. 

I would also like to have access.

Hey @Cassidy Tonkin @Sam S and @Fernanda Dias ! Its a pleasure to meet you all.

Firstly, I want to apologise to getting back to you here so late. We want this forum to be a place of discussion and a place for our customers to come for high level support so I will ensure this is something you all receive going forward.

In terms of your requests for access to this awesome feature, the beta will be open again in a few weeks time. Could you all DM me your workspace IDs and I will get you on the list so you get access once the beta is open again? You will be notified when the feature is enabled. In terms of a full release we hope to have a release timeline soon once our beta testing is done. 

Thank you so much and reach out if you have any more questions! 

Hi Sean, 

We would love to be in the list for next Beta access.
We’ll dm you our workspace id!

Thx

Hi Sean, 

We would like access to this as well. 

Sent you a DM with our workspace ID!

Hello @Sean Reid  and @Diana Tripac,

We have just started using Intercom, and it's essential for us to have this functionality since we had it on our previous platform.

Could you grant us access? We are sure we can provide valuable feedback.

Thank you.

Hey @Cassidy Tonkin @Sam S and @Fernanda Dias ! Its a pleasure to meet you all.

Firstly, I want to apologise to getting back to you here so late. We want this forum to be a place of discussion and a place for our customers to come for high level support so I will ensure this is something you all receive going forward.

In terms of your requests for access to this awesome feature, the beta will be open again in a few weeks time. Could you all DM me your workspace IDs and I will get you on the list so you get access once the beta is open again? You will be notified when the feature is enabled. In terms of a full release we hope to have a release timeline soon once our beta testing is done. 

Thank you so much and reach out if you have any more questions! 

Hey @Adrià Santos  👋 Thanks for your message and welcome to Intercom! It’s great to have you on board!

As far as I am aware, all the new requests go on the waiting list for when the beta becomes available again but I can double-check with the Product Team and get back to you on that, I will send you a private message 👍

Hi, 

We are new to Intercom as well, could we also get access to this feature. We had this on our previous platform and its quite essential for our workflow as some customers start a new ticket for every question even if they're related. @Diana Tripac 

Hi @Benjamin Vleugels , as far as I understood, there are updates on that, I am looping @Andrea Nagel from the Product Team who can provide more details on that 🙌

Alright,

Would love to know. We finalize our transfer soon and it would be great if we could use it by then. 

@Benjamin Vleugels thanks for reaching out - we have now started a staggered release for the merge Beta to ensure customers that join are well supported when they’re opted in. I’ll update this thread again when the Beta is fully open to all again.

We’re starting off with customers who’ve been waiting the longest but if there’s anyone who has a specific urgency for using this feature which means they can’t wait a few days or weeks for access, then I’m happy to opt them in earlier.

From your message above it sounds like this is essential to your workflow right now; if you DM me your workspace ID I’ll get you opted in 👍

Please, we want access for this option. We are in the EU region.

Thanks